• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in Big trouble??? Copyright Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nan Johnston

I recently bought 25 Song of the South Disney videos manufactured in England. It has never been released in the US. I bought them with the intention of selling them on the internet. A person I sld one to said that this was against customs laws and Disney copyright laws as you were not allowed to sell them or import them. She also said that you were only allowed to have a limit of 2 in your possession for your own personal use. The company in England won't take them back, i am afraid to continue selling. I need to know the law. Why would it be legal to have 1 or 2 but not 25.What makes this so different from selling any other video?? These are the genuine, original article. They are not copied.Please help me with this question??

ALawyer

This involves questions about Gray Market goods. But get practical.

If you sell 1 or 2 on Ebay, and then wait a few weeks to sell a few others, do you really think Mickey Mouse and the FBI will come after you, and if they do you'd be sent to the Gas Chamber?

I am not suggesting that you may not have violated the law bringing them in (I did not fill out the forms you used in going thru customs) but get practical. Suppose you brought them in to give as gifts and changed your mind when you found the kids you got them for did not like them? Does that mean you'd have to throw them in the trash?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">