• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brothers landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Danapack

My brother and his girlfriend moved out of a rental yesterday, after they left they called and told me that I could buy their fence,pool and air conditioner since they couldn't take it with them. I called the landlord to make sure it was ok to go on the property he said sure and asked what time we would be there so that he could be there too. When my husband and I got there he (the landlord) complained about the way my brother and his girlfriend left the place and told us we could take our time getting the fence and pool down since it would be awhile before he could re-rent the house. Since it was dark out my husband and I took down the pool and told him we would be back the next day to get the rest of the pool, the fence and the air conditioner.When I went back to the house today the landlord's wife was there and she said that I will not be taking the fence or the air conditioner anywhere because of the way my brother and his girlfriend left the house. Are they allowed to keep these things or is there some way I can get them since I paid for them and they are mine now not my brothers or his girlfriends? I live in Ohio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">