• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

creditors after the divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

travelr

In my divorce settlement my ex. is suppose to pay for my car. It is a document signed by the judge. My ex. hasn't made a couple of payments and the credit union is coming after me. The credit union is not recognizing the documents. My name is still on the loan papers with my ex. What is the oregon state statue on this?

LegalBeagle

travelr said:
In my divorce settlement my ex. is suppose to pay for my car. It is a document signed by the judge. My ex. hasn't made a couple of payments and the credit union is coming after me. The credit union is not recognizing the documents. My name is still on the loan papers with my ex. What is the oregon state statue on this?
He is in contempt of court. You need to file an Order to Show Cause with the court and haul his ass back before the judge. The judge will ask him why he is ignoring a court order and any answer he gives will be irrelevant. He will be ordered to pay or go straight to jail.

T

travelr

LegalBegle: Why doesn't the credit union go after him? They have a copy of the decree. The other creditos were ok with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">