• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

METLIFE Deliberatly withheld vital information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BJLower

What is the name of your state?FL
MetLife deliberately and maliciously withheld a report by a doctor when I sued the claiming that my disability was not mental. This neurologist actually studied my medical records and concluded that I should have a Sleep Test Performed. He stated that if I did have a sleep disorder then I had been diagnosed and treated wrong.

MetLife claimed that my problem was the result of long term use of Xanax. I have checked every possible internet site and Pfizer, THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

The doctor whose report they withheld stated that were I passed neurological testing it would be invalid if I had an underlying etiology such as a sleep disorder.

He also stated that as neurological testing looks for damage to the brain had it been long term use of Xanax then it would have shown up in Neurological testing, just as if I’d sniffed glue until my brain was silly putty.

The Neurologist that MetLife did such a poor job that even someone in my condition can easily tear his report to shreds. I have little doubt that this doctor always produces a report in favor of the insurance company he is working for.

I am the only person that could go to 2 different Sleep Doctors and have them say, “you don’t go into REM or Deep Sleep, no big deal.” Event he technician that gave me the second Sleep Test by the first doctor stated that if I just didn’t enter into REM I would have serious problems. Event he receptionists for the doctors know that you cannot go without entering into Deep Sleep or REM without having major problems.

I talked with a really bad attorney that basically took $150 from me. He didn’t even check what type of time limits might apply.

Because MetLife withheld this vital report they left me in a nonfunctional condition I could never figure out what was causing my problems. Then each psychologist I say would simply go along with the records of the doctor before them and think that long term use of Xanax was my problem. I was never reevaluated by a single one of them. All these “doctors” did was “play” with my medications that caused me great suffering and were never going to correct a sleep problem. One even tried ECT.

MetLife deliberately withheld information that would have prevented my life from being completely destroyed, simply for a tiny profit to a huge company.

That they did this deliberately would, I think, eliminate any limitation do to time length.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">