• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving history background check TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barber

What is the name of your state? Texas

My brother is applying to an airline (pilot)and they require you to list every moving violation you have ever had. He does not have a NDR record. He has been driving for a long time and has tried to find info on old speeding tickets but can't. Texas only keeps records for 5 years and then deletes them. He has called even called courthouses, etc and they all say that the record no longer exists if older than 5 years. My question is...can the background check company find them? I have heard they might have old databases also...is this legal for them to use(?) because I have heard it is not. thanks, barber

seniorjudge

Q: My question is...can the background check company find them? I have heard they might have old databases also...is this legal for them to use(?) because I have heard it is not. thanks, barber

A: Yes, sometimes; and yes.

sukharev

Question is: will an old speeding ticket decrease his chances of getting a job?

Probably not. Honesty, on the other hand, goes long way. Nobody is perfect, and as long as the company understands that, they are the right company. If not, then you would be better off looking for a job elsewhere.

barber

Thanks for the replies. I still don't understand how a background check company , without having an old database, can find these ticktes though. We have accessed publicdata.com and everyone else we could think of. The records guys at the DMV and at the county courthouses both told us there is no other way to get them. So I guess I'm still curious how a background check company could without an old database.

JETX

barber said:
Texas only keeps records for 5 years and then deletes them.
Not true.

He has called even called courthouses, etc and they all say that the record no longer exists if older than 5 years.
Not true.

My question is...can the background check company find them? I have heard they might have old databases also...is this legal for them to use(?) because I have heard it is not.
Yep, they can 'find' them. And yep, they can use them.

Texas drivers history's are very easy to get. Simply, go to:
http://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdps/TXDPSLicenseeManager
and select type 3 (list of all accidents and violations in record)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">