• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abusive court ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dynamic

Hi, I am living California. Following a court order in Mid-July, I lost my children, my practice, my home, my car, all based on lies, and distorted information, by an abusive estranged husband. I have testimonial letters from colleagues (some well-known medical doctor, and psychologists), clients and friends, who can attest to the fact that I am a person of high integrity, very caring for her children. On the other hand, he has been abusing us (verbally, mentally, physically and sexually), yet the court (even my lawyer) are protecting him. I was homeless, with no money, no car,... for a month, before getting my house back, and part custody of the children. I have always home-schooled my kids, and have been their primary (only) care-giver. I have consulted several attorneys, who tell me that my case is very complicated, a lot of things should not have happened, and the court orders are not done properly. They tell me that I need a GOOD attorney, but they are unwilling to take it because a)they would no touch that case with a ten-foot pole) 2)the judge is senile, and there is no hope 3)they could be liable for the mistakes made by the other attorney 4)it will be a long court case, and I don't have the money to finance it. I had only started to practice a short while before, and have lost my clients. Financially, I am at the point of not being able to pay my bills. Moreover, my estranged husband keeps coming to the house, leaving doors open, letting water faucets run, turning on the air conditioning, taking papers, calling my friends at night and scaring them... I was told by my attorney's office that I could do nothing, since I cannot prove anything. My ex- is smiling, keeps lying and getting his way.
What can I do?

T

Tigres

He keeps coming to YOUR house? Change the locks, get a better security set up and set a video camera up somewhere unobtrusive before you leave the house.

I don't know about the rest, but you can at least take charge of that. This is about power. Abuse is always about power.

Tig

http://smilecwm.tripod.com/ruinkai/orange1.gif

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">