• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child labor laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megan740

I am not sure where else to post this so I hope I am in the right area. My sister is 16 and just started working at a local sandwich shop in our area. However I am concerned about the hours they have her working. Are 16 year olds allowed to work til 11pm on a school nite? And also are they allowed to work in a shop by themselves and close it around 11 alone? I am not comfortable with her working somewhere by herself at nite at her age and also on sundays the shop does not close until 11 while all the other stores in the plaza are closed well before then. We live in Pennsylvania so I would need to know about those child labor laws. If someone could please tell me if what is going on is legal I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Megan

D

D. D. Lessenberry

type in google.com in your address bar. This is a search engine.

When google "comes up," type in Child Labor Laws."

You will be taken to federal laws, with links to state laws.

I am not an attorney, but I once placed minors in high School co-op positions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">