• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date while incarcerated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ellen Williams

I live in Florida. My 17 yr old son is currently serving time at a youth academy. Before he was sentenced he was caught outside an apartment complex in a different county passing a joint. The officer searched him and found a pipe.He is being charged with under 20grams and parapinalia.His court date is tomorow but the academy called and left a message on my phone that they couldnt bring him to court because they dont have an order to transport. Will my son be in more trouble for not showing up in court? Should I go in his place?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to inform the court (either by a Public Defender or through a private Criminal Defense Attorney) of the lack of order of transport. Otherwise, court may hold him in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">