• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana conspiracy charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

droopy

I live is South Carolina and I am a 19 yr old male. About a year and a half ago, right after I had just turned 18, this guy I knew from school was really sick because he didnt have a home and it was cold outside. I asked my parents if he could stay with use because I felt bad for him. They said that was fine so I let him move in. One night we were going to go to the state fair. He told me to go to this Eckerds his girlfriend worked at to pick her up. We had stopped on the way at a pay phone because he wanted to call her too supposedly see if she was off When we got to the Eckerds it appeared closed but he said she was there. I had noticed a car behind us the whole time. All of the sudden 2 cops were around the car. It turns out that he had set up a drug deal without my knowledge. He told me to run, but I didnt. I stopped the car and put it in park. Then 5 cop cars were on us. The cops searched my car and didnt find anything in it but they still seized it, but instead of towing it off, they drove it to the staion. They arrested us all for the same charge, conspiracy with intent. They found a quarter pound in the other vehicle. When they took us to the station, they said if I didnt write them anything they were going to my house, kicking in the door and arresting my grandfather just because they could. I wrote that I had an idea there might have been drugs in the other car. Which you know I kinda did the way the cops went after it, pretty common sense. The next day I got out on a 500 dollar PR Bond, Ive been to pre-trial and havent had roll call in almost 8 months. What should I do, why havent I gotten a roll call in so long, can they take my car the way they did. They say I can get 15 years for this, but its my 1st offense, and I never saw the drugs, I need advice, they coerced me into writting anything, I hadnt ever been in trouble before

ALawyer

At the time the cops arrested you they read you your Miranda rights - "anything you say may be used against you" and "you have a right to an attorney and if you can't afford one, one will be appointed for you".

What you should have said at the time is "I am innocent. I will not say anything else until I speak to a lawyer." And that is all you should have said, over and over again.

You didn't listen then. Listen NOW. GET A LAWYER! NOW!

D

droopy

when I told them I wanted a lawyer, they said after youve talked to us and we book you in jail you can call one, and they denied me a phone call for 3 hours. The head officer was even high when he came in from"testing" the marijuana to see if it was real. I kept repeating I was innocent. One officer told me there was no doubt in his mind that I wasnt a drug dealer and if thats true, I should have been released I think. What do you think Ill most likely get as a sentence. I dont feel I deserve one. Also when my dad when to find out why they took his car the lady at the front got quiet and told my dad to leave. When he said he wanted to report it stolen, she came around and arrested him for public drunk and disorderly and didnt give him a breathalizer or let him have his medication while he was there. Now they say they lost his car. What gives, are they trying to hide something. i know our narcotics unit is corrupt, my aunt use to work for them and thats why she left. At pretrial they admitted nothing was in the car and I wouldnt have made money from it. The only tape they have me on is when they called and asked for the other guy once. I would always leave the room when he was on the phone as respect, thats why I never found out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">