• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet, consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsuk22

Michigan

Yesterday I was made aware of a posting forum where an ex-boyfriend exploited nude photos-alleging I had cheated on him months ago- of me on the web. Those of the forum then re-hosted these photos and began stalking me out, calling me and my boyfriend, finding out the address of my parents, text-messaging lewd comments, and spamming my e-mail with over a thousand messages.
Needless to say, I feel like I was raped-mentally. They were consentual photos for PERSONAL use only. Upon breaking up, he told me he would/did delete them. Clearly this isn't the case.
Is there a law against what he did? Is there a way to meet justice for this?
Please advise.

Kane

No law, sorry. There are some laws in some states prohibiting (for example) installing hidden cameras in certain places. But nothing against posting or publishing pictures. If there were, the supermarket tabloids would be out of business. Some of the other things you mentioned might be illegal. Check with your local police, and see what they say. What forum is this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">