• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this a federal offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Momicked

What is the name of your state? NC

Someone posted a yahoo profile of me with a picture that isnt me on there. They said some mean things about me (based on things I have done in the past and regret). Because there is truth to some of the mean things is this liebel? They also called me fat and a Wh*re. I think I know who did it but Im not 100% sure. I have considered calling the law but if they cant really get in trouble for it then its just a waste of time. Does anyone have any ideas or advice? :confused:

Kane

There's no crime in anything you've posted about. My advice would be to stop visiting the site, and to ignore it.

outonbail

It is not liebel to state the truth, however is may be illegal to post a profile with a picture of someone else under the pretex that your that person. If the picture isn't you, what makes you believe the profile is of you?

I would send a request to the site asking them to remove the profile.

Momicked

the offense

it has my name on it and they were pretending to be me posting on the site and they used a fake picture (not me) they have removed it since then. all info on it, because the investigation has already been started, can they get in trouble now or will it be over now that its gone?

HomeGuru

Momicked said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Someone posted a yahoo profile of me with a picture that isnt me on there. They said some mean things about me (based on things I have done in the past and regret). Because there is truth to some of the mean things is this liebel? They also called me fat and a Wh*re. I think I know who did it but Im not 100% sure. I have considered calling the law but if they cant really get in trouble for it then its just a waste of time. Does anyone have any ideas or advice? :confused:

**A: if you are fat and a whore, then that would not be an offense.

outonbail

Ok seniors I need an answer to this one. I have been asked to come down to the prosecutors office to answer some question and I need to know if I have to do it or should I wait to get supeoned to talk to them. That is if they do supeona me. I'm not quite sure how this works.

I already know what they want and that is to ask me some questions about a person in my AA group. He said some things and basically told us that he commited a crime. Well evidently someone at the meeting informed the police and he has been arrested.

I need to know if I have to answer thier questions. I know I have heard of cases in the last few years of AA meetings and the confidentiality issue but I never paid to much attention to them.

I'm kind of torn in what to do. These meetings and the confidents that we entrust in others at the meetings I take very seriously. But on the other hand if the guy commited a crime he should pay for that crime and face the punishment.
Perhaps you should start your own thread rather than hijack this one?

Just a suggestion :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">