• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Herniated and Bulging dics(L4, L5 and S1)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csdunfee

I have already had an MRI and I am currently being treated for a herniated disc as well as two bulging disc. I have not had surgery but I have had injection therapy treatments with steriods and nerve blocks and I am now in physical therapy. These have been helping but it may not be permanent. Can I receive temporary total disability payment after I return to work? If this treatment continues to work how often do I need to see my doctor to keep my claim open? The company I work for here in Ohio is self insured. Does that change how things will be done. Also, our company has laid people off of work and I will be among them when I return to work. Does that change anything on my claim? The company I work for is also an union company. I haven't contacted an attorney as of yet and I wasn't sure that I really needed to do so. I haven't had any problems thus far. Do you have anymore suggestions?

[Edited by csdunfee on 12-01-2000 at 12:25 PM]

L

LadyBlu

csdunfee said:
I have already had an MRI and I am currently being treated for a herniated disc as well as two bulging disc. I have not had surgery but I have had injection therapy treatments with steriods and nerve blocks and I am now in physical therapy. These have been helping but it may not be permanent. Can I receive temporary total disability payment after I return to work? If this treatment continues to work how often do I need to see my doctor to keep my claim open? The company I work for here in Ohio is self insured. Does that change how things will be done. Also, our company has laid people off of work and I will be among them when I return to work. Does that change anything on my claim? The company I work for is also an union company. I haven't contacted an attorney as of yet and I wasn't sure that I really needed to do so. I haven't had any problems thus far. Do you have anymore suggestions?

[Edited by csdunfee on 12-01-2000 at 12:25 PM]
May I suggest that just from experience.. and having to fight a very big battle with Carrier now to get medical coverage, that you read all your paperwork very carefully. When they terminate your Supplemental Income they will give you a MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement rating) this will determine what your benefits will be when you are unable to work in the future, and also if you will be unable to perform your job duties as you had previously. Also, I would like to suggest that you seek treatment from your WC treating physician for any ache or pain in your back or legs after you are released. Do nto try to take meds at home or treat yourself.. as it wont be documented and you will have problems with any future disputes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">