• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need legal help with auto repair case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fix737

I am suing a transimssion repair shop in Houston TX. I am sueing because I feel I was ripped off. My trasmission was "reconditioned" 4 times within 8 months. the first time I brought the car in for repair, the repair cost me $2,000.00. When I asked for the old parts that were replaced I was not given any. I was told they were lost. The second time (3 months later) I was not chargered but I had to prove I had a transmission problem by spending money at the car dealer having the electrical system checked. The third time (3.5 months later)11 days out of the 6 month warrenty it cost me $1,285.00 dollars and when I asked for the parts, again I was told they were lost and I should come back in ten days and when by then they should be found. I filed a court case after the 3rd time. One month after the third repair the transmission went out again and because it was within the warrenty I took it back to the same shop. No charge this time but I was told becouse I have a court case filed I could not have the defective parts.
Is there a law that states I am supposed to be given all defective parts back if I request them. if so, where can I get a copy to show the jury that in writting. Also, is there a law called "implied warrenty" and does it apply in my case and if so where can I get that in writing for my court case.
I have a 5 page typed document that explains all the details that I can E-mail or fax you to help you answer my questions more accuratly.
thank you,
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">