• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First offense speeding ticket in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

El Kabong

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hey everyone, thanks ahead of time for any advice. I recieved a speeding ticket on my motorcycle for going 73 mph in a 45 mph zone, on Oct. 20th, 2005. At the time of the citation, I was 18 years old (I turned 19 in November). I take full responsibility for the ticket, and I am pleading guilty. However, I am very worried about any suspensions that may be a result of this ticket. I am also unsure if the suspension would count for just my motorcycle endorsment, or my automobile license as well. I'm hoping that the judge will see that I have a completely clean record, and that I am an honor roll student in college, and have sympathy on me. Do any of yall have experience with my kind of situation?

As I said, thanks ahead of time for any help

sukharev

If you take full responsibility, good for you. The judge may be lenient to give you lesser offense, make sure you ask for reduction to less than 4 points to avoid suspension, for example exceeding the speed limit by 19 but less than 24 miles per hour - 3 points. You are not that far off.

El Kabong

Okay, thanks for the advice. What are the odds that he'd give me some kind of defensive driving course to take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">