• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With Driving Record Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brain VA

What is the name of your state? VA

I am a British person living in the USA. I visited the US last year on holiday and during this visit got a speeding ticket in NC. I used my UK licence as I did not have a US licence for this offence.

I now live and work in the US and got a Virginia licence at the begining of the year. I have had a backgrond check done on my licence and it shows as an offence on my VA licence even though my VA licence shows no violations. Can I do anything about this? or can all violations be put on a licence rectrospectivly.

look forward to anyones comments.

Many thanks

Brian

racer72

The colonies has this thing call the Non Resident Violators Compact. It allows states to share driver's license and violation information and to tie the penalties from one state to the license from another. There is no such thing anymore of getting a license from another state to avoid the penalties from another. Even though you used a UK license, your name is in the NRVC database and the violation was justly applied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">