• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No ticket or warning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimrodguy

What is the name of your state? PA

I was pulled over the other night for going 60 in a 50 zone. The officer took my license and registration, but when he gave it back to me, he didn't give me a ticket or tell me that he was letting me go with a warning. He just handed my paperwork back to me, told me to slow down and walked back to his car. It seems that he was letting me go, but when he first looked at my license, he asked me if the address is current. So I'm wondering if I should expect a ticket in the mail or if he was just making sure my license was up to date. I've never been pulled over before, so I always thought that they handed out the ticket on the spot. Anyone have any thoughts?

racer72

The only person that can answer your question is the officer. I would guess he will remember you the next time he sees your car, don't speed and you won't see or hear from him again.

JETX

Yep. Likely the officer ran you for 'wants and warrants' and when you came back negative, decided to give you a warning. I doubt you will hear further from THIS incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">