• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waldopepper

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have a warrent for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. A friend let me use her car and I did not return when expected. She reported it stolen and then when I returned she called and told the authorities she had her car back. She later called when she found out that there was still a warrent and tried to have it dropped. She was told that that was not possible. We are considering going to the magistrate togather and seeing if this can be resolved. I ( have one previous misdomenor record (violation of a 52B restraining order aprox a year ago) and am hoping they will release me on my signature. Is this the way to handle this? What are the chances they will release me on my signature? If they won't aprox how much would my bail be? Do I need a lawyer? PLEASE any advice anyone might have.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">