• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA no insurance no TAG TN license and TN Tag

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

burnin240sx

What is the name of your state? GA
I just moved to Conyers GA and I drove my car home from the shop I work at with no insurance or Tag( I put tag applied for in window)

I got pulled over when My lights went out and went to jail. I received 2 tickets.
1. no proof of insurance
2. No tag
My bail was $910 ( I hope to get this back)

2 days later I had the car got car insurance and tags for my TN address.

I'm afraid of loosing my license and is there anything I can do since this is my first offence. my past record is clear for at least 4 years.
please advise. Thanks in advance
Stephen-

ellencee

burnin240sx said:
bump
anyone have help on this subject?
Conyers GA in an auto with no tag, no insurance, and no lights. A defense attorney may be a good idea; but, that's going to cost several hundred dollars. Going to court without an attorney provides you with the opportunity to ask that an attorney be appointed for you.

I was not aware that applying for a tag leaves one with no tag and that posting a note on the rear windshield is sufficient to explain why there is an auto in use and with no tag, not even in Tennessee.

I was not aware that one could apply for a tag without proof of current, valid auto insurance, not even in Tennessee.

Let's see--no insurance, no tag, no lights, and you're from TN?! Advice? Get an attorney and thank your lucky stars that if you had to be arrested for such in GA that you were in Conyers.

Best wishes,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">