• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Violation Court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onceagain

What is the name of your state? NC
I appeared at court on the date given on my speeding ticket. I was not in the "system" and proceeded to another office to receive a written notice that I had came to court and presented the ticket but it was not in the "system". Now over 1 year later I received notice by mail to appear in court this December. Is there any statue of limitations for traffic violations? Can they give you an arbitrary date on the ticket?

seniorjudge

onceagain said:
What is the name of your state? NC
I appeared at court on the date given on my speeding ticket. I was not in the "system" and proceeded to another office to receive a written notice that I had came to court and presented the ticket but it was not in the "system". Now over 1 year later I received notice by mail to appear in court this December. Is there any statue of limitations for traffic violations? Can they give you an arbitrary date on the ticket?
Q: Is there any statue of limitations for traffic violations?

A: Yes, and they stopped running the instant you got your ticket so they are irrelevant here.

Q: Can they give you an arbitrary date on the ticket?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">