• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about property title and heirs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eldestdaughter

What is the name of your state?Florida My mom is still alive and wants to leave her property to her children and grandchildren. I (her daughter) have the property in my name only at the present. Now we want to have other names added to the property. How many names can be added to a property? What is the best way for me to do this? Can a small parcel be divided up? How do we find out about this ?Please help me answer what ever you can. :confused:

lwpat

You need to contact a real estate attorney and get him to draw up the necessary deeds. You also need to check the tax implications of any "gifts".
What you are asking is relatively simple but not something you need to do on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">