• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reason for DISMISSAL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mpoupard

What is the name of your state? California
Heres the deal... Just got a speeding ticket for going 85 in a 65 zone on the freeway. I was actually going 80 and I was just coming out of the fast lane to get off. If I were going any slower I would have been slowing traffic. Thats not the point of this post however. I drive a 94 Honda HATCHBACK and on my citation the officer wrote down I drive a 94 Honda SEDAN... Would this be a reason to dismiss my ticket?? :confused:

Mpoupard said:
What is the name of your state? California
Heres the deal... Just got a speeding ticket for going 85 in a 65 zone on the freeway. I was actually going 80 and I was just coming out of the fast lane to get off. If I were going any slower I would have been slowing traffic. Thats not the point of this post however. I drive a 94 Honda HATCHBACK and on my citation the officer wrote down I drive a 94 Honda SEDAN... Would this be a reason to dismiss my ticket?? :confused:
No -- I once had a MR2 Turbo and the cop wrote honda on it and still had to pay.....

Mpoupard

lol funny! So you tried to dispute it but they didnt care? I remember reading somewhere that any information thats incorrect on a citation will make it void...

keith.e

That's a common misconception -- read through some of the threads that are similar to your's. According to many people here, judges will overlook superficial errors on the citation (i.e. year, color, and even model of the vehicle) and rule in the favor of the officer.

Pugilist

Under "Truth in Evidence" the court can overlook a police error that doesn't "shock the conscience" or "offend the public's sense of justice" - or something like that. After all, none of us wants to see a murderer go free simply because the cops forgot to cross a T somewhere.

Is there a way to put a sticky at the top of this forum, addressing the frequent questions about minor errors?

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">