• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will a burglery charge hold up?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BB60

Myself and 3 friends were arrested and charged with 1st degree burglery & 1st degree criminal mischief for being inside a upper room storage area where I live. The place is never locked. Went up there looking around and tenants downstairs called the cops for loud noises. soon after the police came and scared us so we didn't come out. One individual was shot in the chest (newspaper states police tripped)? we didn't have any weapons... this was a storage area and our neighbours kids are in there during the day playing. there is nothig in there of value.Some windows got broke, and their stating there is 3000.00 in damage. Nothing was taken . Can they charge us with burglery since I live there? Vandalism...maybe but burglery? I live in Arkansas.

stephenk

Sure they can charge you with burglary. you illegally entered the area and broke windows.

You were scared to come out? Were you planning on staying up in the room until police decided to go back to the station?

BB60

RE: Can a burglary charge hold up???

Mississippi County. I never stated that I broke any windows. We didn't come out because they were threatning to shoot us any way. I do not feel like it was illigal entry when the door is always open and the neighbors kids play in there all the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">