• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal to write on money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

outonbail

Only if your adding an extra zero before the decimal point.

Otherwise, it's not near as bad as removing the tag off your pillow! :eek:

S

shell007

panzertanker said:
The correct answer is that YES, it is illegal to deface U.S. money.

Is it prosecuted? Not usually.
Geee I hope your correct about that prosecution thing. A few years ago...my daughter decided that she needed to color in all of the faces on my bills and then tape them to the wall as she thought they made a beautiful wallpaper border! :eek: :eek:

justalayman

shellandty said:
Geee I hope your correct about that prosecution thing. A few years ago...my daughter decided that she needed to color in all of the faces on my bills and then tape them to the wall as she thought they made a beautiful wallpaper border! :eek: :eek:
Can you get her to come over and wallpaper my house? (your supplies of course)

S

shell007

justalayman said:
Can you get her to come over and wallpaper my house? (your supplies of course)
Sure...I will bring the supplies but I take the cost of those, multiply by 5, and that will be my labor charge. Do you want me to use $20's or $50's. :D

justalayman

shellandty said:
Sure...I will bring the supplies but I take the cost of those, multiply by 5, and that will be my labor charge. Do you want me to use $20's or $50's. :D
WOW I thought attorneys were expensive :D

No wonder my neighbor the plumber (or appropriate tradesman) drives a new MB every year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">