• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

browneyes6

Can an employer ask questions about your wrong doing and an officer come in and handcuff you without reading you your rights?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

As to the first part, you need to explain a little more so we can answer both parts to your question.

And give us your state.

B

browneyes6

Explaining

My cousin was working for the Target company and was busted for under ringing some products. After they notice what was going on they went into a room and began the questioning. She than told the truth to what she had done and agreed to pay back what she under rang. Soon as she signed the paper to the agreement a police officer came in and asked was they going to press any charges and they said yes with out even reading her the rights he placed the handcuffs on her and took her to jail. The patted her down, search through her purse looking at pictures & check stobs,and also they fingerprinted her and took her picture. Is this right? She did not even know if she should get a lawyer to go to court and if so how to get in touch with one. She was new to this town. She has never done anything like this before and she scared that she might have to do jail time. What should she do?

B

browneyes6

Explaining

My cousin was working for the Target company and was busted for under ringing some products. After they notice what was going on they went into a room and began the questioning. She than told the truth to what she had done and agreed to pay back what she under rang. Soon as she signed the paper to the agreement a police officer came in and asked was they going to press any charges and they said yes with out even reading her the rights he placed the handcuffs on her and took her to jail. The patted her down, search through her purse looking at pictures & check stobs,and also they fingerprinted her and took her picture. Is this right? She did not even know if she should get a lawyer to go to court and if so how to get in touch with one. She was new to this town. She has never done anything like this before and she scared that she might have to do jail time. What should she do? She is from Illnois.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">