• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

p.burns

While working for my former employer, I was injured on the job, during regular working hours , doing the job I was trained to do. To me it was a superficial injury but the company nurse(first aid) was adamant that I go to the E.R. Upon arriving and seeing the E.R.physician he said that I needed 4 stiches. I thought it a little much, but that's workmens comp and doctors. Since the injury I have changed employers, but in the last few months I have recieved 2 statements from the hospital. The statements say that I owe nothing but that I need to contact my former employer to help collect the bill. My questios are :(1).Am I responsible for the bill if workers comp doesn't pay it? (2). Is it my responibility to contact my former employer (again ) to try to rectify the situation between the hospital and workers comp? Kentucky law applies to this question. Thank to anyone who can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">