• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikey

What is the name of your state? GA

Would taking property, like jewelry be considered theft by taking with you having permission to be in the house ? and what would the charge be ? Mis or Felony ?

Thank You!

Just Blue

mikey said:
What is the name of your state? GA

Would taking property, like jewelry be considered theft by taking with you having permission to be in the house ? and what would the charge be ? Mis or Felony ?

Thank You!

You need to reword this...it doesn't make any sense.

zippysgoddess

Let me see if I got this right, what you are asking is, if for instance, a friend invites you over to their house, and you take something of theirs, while you are there, without their permission, is it still theft?

Or maybe they give you a key and say you are welcome anytime, and you help yourself to something while you are there, again without their permission.

Yes, this would still be considered theft. I mean, when you are in a store as a customer, and take something without paying for it, you had permission to be on the premises, but it is still theft.

Labtec600

Yes you would still be charged.

Mis of fel? Depends how much money that jewelry costs.

It's called larceny, if it's really exspensive it could be up there in the 10 to 15 year range.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">