• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I pass the Miller Test if I don't know the question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sinope

Pertaining to all states.

I am a comic book artist and would like to start self publishing my own adult orientated comic book. There is no depiction of under age people in the comic book series however the subject matter of these comics may be considered lewd by some (in my reading of the Miller Test).

Is there a link where it is described in more detail breaking down what is legal and what is not legal? Is there a panel that can review it and give it a stamp of approval?

Labtec600

"(a) whether the average person, applying contemporary community standards, would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest;
(b) whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by the applicable state law; and
(c) whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value."

www.google.com

Key words: "Miller Test" "Art."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">