• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LawRat This one is for you!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dragon-fly

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I recently have been going to court, my fiancees ex wife of 9 years has pressed harrassing coimmunication charges on me. They are false, in no way shape or form have I ever bothered her illegally. I pleaded not guilty at my first court time. Hired an attorney and I guess this is what I need to know. He said that I was found not guilty but then why was it put in their divorce papers that Im not allowed to go and get the boys from her house. That is what the whole thing is about. I went with my fiancee to drop his children off to the ex and she assaulted me. then she pressed false charges against me. My attorney said it was better not to go after her and that if I did I would surely lose. I dont see how if I live 3 hours away from and never go to her house and have never called her and left messages for her. How is that being found innocent? I feel like they think I did something wrong? Why else would they put me in there 7 year old divorce papers? It just doesnt make sence to me at all. My attorney said he was going to work the clause so it wouldnt effect me badly but I think just being in them is bad enough. Could you explain to me what happened and why I would have to go back to court yet again. Thank you for your help.

Zephyr

regardless of if you are innocent of harrassing her, your presence at the exchanges of the child seem to make the situation escalate where it doesn't need to be, I understand that he may want your company for such a long drive, but maybe he should drop you off at an area coffee house to wait for 10 mins or so while he goes and actually retrieves the child.

you being mentioned in their court order, is not an item on your record, if that is what you're worried about

stephenk

you aren't even married to the guy. you have no legal connection to his kids, therefore the custory order can state you are not allowed to pick up the kids from her house. Why isn't your boyfriend picking up his own kids?

Do you see how your future will be with this guy if you get married?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">