• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it check fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxwell4809

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? washington. Well heres the story my friend casey gave me a check that was made out to me for $2,000 and i went to money tree to try and cash it and the lady at the desk called the company to see if i worked there because it was a pay check and when she found out that i didnt work there she said that she was calling the police and keeping the check. I was woundering if i could get into trouble even though i didnt steal the check or wright it out and i didnt even cash it. get back to me asap thanks.

Some Random Guy

If this is a company check and Casey is not an owner of the company, then you're in a whole heap of trouble.

"Duh, I got this payroll check but I don't work for the company, whaddya mean thats a crime?"

AHA

maxwell4809 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? washington. Well heres the story my friend casey gave me a check that was made out to me for $2,000 and i went to money tree to try and cash it and the lady at the desk called the company to see if i worked there because it was a pay check and when she found out that i didnt work there she said that she was calling the police and keeping the check. I was woundering if i could get into trouble even though i didnt steal the check or wright it out and i didnt even cash it. get back to me asap thanks.
How can someone else's paycheck be made out to you???

justalayman

AHA said:
How can someone else's paycheck be made out to you???
I see many dollars spent and many nights accomodation in a cozy little room with room service and a very good security system. They might even be provided with a companion to keep warm with at night :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">