• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just found out my car was a lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

giraldo1986

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

I bought an Isuzu rodeo from a guy in New York. I bought it back in February, and now want to buy a new car. Well anyways, today at the dealer, the salesman told me my car wasn't even worth 500 bucks to him because it was salvage. I had no idea it was salvage and was surprised. Problems have started showing up after 10 months, 14000 miles. Oil leak, check engine light, and other things. I was never told about the oil leak or salvage title. Do i have any recourse, (court, call him up) or what should i do. I paid 4200, and the oil leak was from day 1.

S

shell007

giraldo1986 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

I bought an Isuzu rodeo from a guy in New York. I bought it back in February, and now want to buy a new car. Well anyways, today at the dealer, the salesman told me my car wasn't even worth 500 bucks to him because it was salvage. I had no idea it was salvage and was surprised. Problems have started showing up after 10 months, 14000 miles. Oil leak, check engine light, and other things. I was never told about the oil leak or salvage title. Do i have any recourse, (court, call him up) or what should i do. I paid 4200, and the oil leak was from day 1.
If you bought the car "AS IS", then it is what it is!!! A lemon!

Y

You're Crazy

giraldo1986 said:
It wasn't bought as is, was bought thinking everything was good. Does that mean i have no legal recourse.

What you "thought" is irrelevant. Unless you bought it with a warranty or guarantee, then you bought it "as-is." You're stuck.

IAAL

dallas702

Let's see.....you paid $4200 for an Izusu Rodeo with less than 14000 miles on it, from a "guy" in New York....and you didn't think there was something fishy? And, you didn't look at the title to see if it was clean? You got nothing there.

Or...you bought a Rodeo for $4200 and put 14000 miles on it in the 10 months after the purchase, and now your upset that it has been leaking oil? Hmmmmm...a Rodeo for $4200 would have to be at least 10 years old with how many miles on it...100,000+? And you also never checked the title.

Nope, you pretty much dug your own grave on this one.

Zephyr

oil leaks and check engine lights can happen from one day to the next, while he may not have been honest with you about the title I don't think you can pin the oil leak and check engine light on him, if you have been having your vehicle maintained properly you would have been aware of the oil leak, at the most within 3000 miles after it started.

you should have checked the title yourself, people are responsible for checking out their purchases, before making them

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">