• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Omnipresent Inc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OreoFurBall

What is the name of your state? ****land

I have recently been fooled by a scam by a company called Omnipresent Inc. It is suppose to be some kind of magazine subscription. They called me while I was at work and said I could get 4 magazines, a quartz watch, and be entered into a 1 million dollar sweepstakes. They said I would also get 2 free magazines because of the choices of magazines I picked. All I had to do was pay a partial fee for the magazines. Something like $12 over a course of 2 years. They said that was silly and could bill me something like $46 over a course of 1 year. Plus some additional fees.
They wanted to charge it to my debit card and they already had the numbers from my card. I didn't think about it at the time because I was thinking about the $1 million sweepstake. I told them to charge it to my credit card. This happened in November and it is now almost xmas. They have charged my card $58 twice already and I have never received either the watch or the magazines. They said the watch would be delivered in about a week and the magazines would come in about 2 months. They also have a recording all of our conversations and said I would only get all of these things if I chose not to cancel the subscription.
I tried to call them a few days later cos I changed my mind and the only way out of it I had to pay something like $198 or it would go to collections that I did not pay the bill.
I don't see a way out of this, but I still would like to try and get some advice. It seems they have also stooped some other people. I learned my lesson and from now on I'm just going to say no to any future offers like thses.

justalayman

AAHHHHHHHH**************......the old magazine subsription scam/deal.

If you haven't recieved anything AT ALL call your CC company and dispute the charges NOW.

OreoFurBall

I tried calling my credit card comp. last month to cancel it and they said to call the Omnipresent comp. I called them and that's when I found out that they tricked me by having me agree not to cancel or I would have to pay money. But I still haven't gotten their stupid magazines or anything from them....
Should I just call my credit card comp. again?

.skully.

Unhappy

Ohio

I ran into them last year and seems they havent changed. Basically everything was the same (watch was a Diamond watch supposedly) that happend to OreoFurBall, but I waited about 3-4 months before going to my bank to get my money back. I was told over the phone by Omnipresent when I fist spoke to them that they would be sending a packet of information that I would need to sign before being billed and begin receiving the magazines. I never got a packet or envelope of any sort.
They charged $58 a month to my debit card which was used as a credit card in this case. I canceled that card and got 2 months of my payments back from Visa. I only disputed 2 months since at the time I couldnt remember how long it was going on till I checked my bank statements. Few weeks after I received my money back from Visa, I started receiving AutoWeek for about a month. Still no communication from Omnipresent. Then I never got another Autoweek again. I got a few other magazines here or their. I was told by Omnipresent when I was being scammed over the phone originally that I could cancel anytime and would still receive everything for free. How can I cancel if I never received their company information in that packet of info that never made it to my doorstep.

Well here we are today. Approx 1 year later. I havent received a phone call nor letter till now. I get this wonderful letter from West Asset Management, Inc. stating that I owe nearly $700 in "Past Due Balance". I have 30 days to respond to the letter or West Asset will have to consider this claim truth and I have to pay up. Even if I wanted to pay them, I do not have the funds (college student). I dont think 1 month of autoweek and a few magazines cost the 1-2months that I never desputed with Visa.

Side note, will this ruin my credit?

Rad_Rex

Contact Information

I know this is an old thread, but i know people still are looking for contact information for Omnipresent, Inc. and here it is

Omnipresent, Inc
4532 W. Kennedy Blvd. #303
Tampa FL 33609
1-800-264-4380

tksu22

Help!

I was stupid 6 months ago and subscribed to omnipresent. i need to get out of it because I have no money left. They've had my account on hold (aka i havnt been paying anything for the past month) but they just called me today, telling me that my account was not on hold anymore. When i was asking about canceling again, they said that if i did cancel i would have to pay 600 to reimburse them, but the "supervisor" on the phone said she could help me out by cutting that down to a 2 year plan for about $200. It feels really fishy and I would like to get out of it. I've filed a complaint to the BBB. But I was wondering if that is effective at all. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

tksu22

Sorry. I thought it would be ok since the forum's been dead for 6 months and it was a google search result... i will start my own thread.

by the way, i am from PA

gaff1822

omnipresent inc scam

I have also had problems with this company. They charged my debit card so i cancelled it and got a new one. This all happened over a year ago. Just this week I recieved a bill in the mail from a collection agency telling me I had to pay $602.78 to Omnipresent, Inc. I contacted the collection agency and they said I have to submit a dispute in writing so I did that and I am waiting to hear back from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">