• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as a father and homeowner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shemmert

Ok so we are all here becuase of divorce and the joys that go with it. To make a long story short, my wife left in June 1999 and got her own apartment. After a year and a few months I filed for divorce when I discovered she was seeing another woman and had had sex with her. I felt there was no resolution to our situation. I filed a no-fault divorce as I did not want this to get nasty. I was left in June of 1999 with two kids, that split time between our places, the mortgage, credit card bills and all debts. She had her degree and was teaching while I made very little money running our coffee house we had started. She paid $0 towards any house bills since leaving. $0.00 Now she states she has the right to come into the house anytime she wishes, to get anything she wants and has even broken into my computer to find documents and letters I have written. She has threatened to move back into the house with or without her lover and push me and my 80 year old mother out. I am sure I have rights to this house as I have been paying all the bills since JUne 1999 and she only has rights if we sell the house as she is on the deed. PLease help me. I need to know my exact California rights with regards to being able to keep her away from this house. Can I get a restraining order against her and her lover? Can she just barge in on me at any time? Can she actually take the house from me?? Doesn't she owe me back money for support and credit card debt? I recently filed BK on the business and I have no money. I need help here.

Steve

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shemmert said:
" . . . I discovered she was seeing another woman and had had sex with her."
My response:

Cool !!

Isn't that every man's fantasy . . . ? My middle name isn't "Aqualung" for nothing, don'tcha know.

But seriously, your situation has far too many complications and variations for a Bulletin Board. We can't run with you through the entire process of Divorce and finances, and all their various permutations.

You really need a consultation with an attorney. I would suggest that you get one, ASAP.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-02-2000 at 12:15 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">