• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manipulating people using drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjenkinscne

What is the name of your state?California

I lost a fiance to a cocaine dealer who I believe fed her excessive amounts of the drug in order to get her to break her promises of marriage to me. Is there a specific name for a crime like this, as I realize the use of cocaine itself is illegal here and she was breaking the law as well as he was in doing it. But the bigger picture is that I strongly believe he used its addictive nature to force her decisions. Isn't that in itself some seperate crime?

HomeGuru

mjenkinscne said:

I lost a fiance to a cocaine dealer who I believe fed her excessive amounts of the drug in order to get her to break her promises of marriage to me. Is there a specific name for a crime like this, as I realize the use of cocaine itself is illegal here and she was breaking the law as well as he was in doing it. But the bigger picture is that I strongly believe he used its addictive nature to force her decisions. Isn't that in itself some seperate crime?

**A: yes there is a specific name for a crime. It's called illegal use of drugs.

CdwJava

mjenkinscne said:

No, it's not a crime. It's not even a cause for action in civil court.

Drug use causes people to toss any and other values and commitments to the side in order that they may have unobstructed freedom to use drugs.

Be thankful that you learned about this before you were married and she could suck every penny out of you and sell all your stuff in order to feed her habit.

- Carl

AHA

mjenkinscne said:

Why would her dealer go to such lengths to prevent her from marrying you, how would he benefit from that, are they sleeping together and he's jealous or something?

I doubt anyone forced anything on anyone. Sorry to say it but it sounds like your fiance was just a plain old junkie. She likely did it to herself.

You are better off without her anyways, there are plenty more people in the world without such problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">