• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Say Teen is Willing Victim to Sexual Assault, Refuse to Prosecute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need_Advice_Plz

What is the name of your state?New Jersey

A 25-year-old man used the internet (myspace.com) to track down a 14-year-old girl and lure her to his house. While there, he gave her marijuana and alcohol and had sex with her. They started an intimate relationship, which they are still having. He frequently writes to the girl, now 15, confessing his love for her, and even stole a ring from his mother and "proposed" to her in August '05 (she accepted and wears the ring everywhere). She turns 16 next May. The police have evidence about the sex and inappropriate relations between the two, including hotel receipts (and both admit to being at the hotel, but not to "doing" anything), a hand-written letter from the man asking the girl to say nothing of their sexual relationship ("because nobody will understand how we can love each other"), finding the girl at his house after she'd been missing for two days, e-mails between them about "what great head" she gives, and how great thier sex is...etc. The only thing is that the girl refuses to say, verbally, that she and the man have sex, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. We have found her at his house, we have found him in her bedroom (!!), yet the police say that she is a willing victim and they can do nothing unless she verbally states "Yes, we have sex." Is a hand-written letter from the man telling her that he won't love her anymore if she says anything about thier "sexual relationship" not enough (irregardless of the other evidence)? What would they do if the girl was mute?! Please help, somebody! This man is a child-rapist and she knows no better because she thinks he loves her. He was living with his mother, but now lives with a friend of the girl (age 15, too) and the friend's naive grandmother.

I don't understand why they can't at least get him on (at least) child luring (for the e-mails), child endangerment (for harboring a runaway), and some sort of corruption (for the hotel). Any advice on what to do? There is simply no possibility of a verbal admittance from the girl.

She may have told a social worker of the sexual relationship, because this social worker apparently told the girl once, "If you don't go to school and stop seeing this man, you're going in front of the judge." However, the social worker now refuses to admit that the girl told her anything about the sexual part of the relationship, perhaps to avoid negative consequences.

I confess that I do not know every detail of the events that transpired, but I have been told that all that seems to be missing from this case is the girl's VERBAL confession. I'm confused (and angered) about the way evidence is being handled here. I know that in cases of adultery, for example, knowing the husband took another woman to a hotel is enough to make that charge, irregardless of evidence of "doing" something or not. Yet, the same evidence is not enough to make a charge of ANYTHING when the the man is not married and the "woman" is fourteen or fifteen years old?

Please advise. If you need more details, please ask.

IAAL IS BEST

Need_Advice_Plz said:
What is the name of your state?New Jersey

A 25-year-old man used the internet (myspace.com) to track down a 14-year-old girl and lure her to his house. While there, he gave her marijuana and alcohol and had sex with her. They started an intimate relationship, which they are still having. He frequently writes to the girl, now 15, confessing his love for her, and even stole a ring from his mother and "proposed" to her in August '05 (she accepted and wears the ring everywhere). She turns 16 next May. The police have evidence about the sex and inappropriate relations between the two, including hotel receipts (and both admit to being at the hotel, but not to "doing" anything), a hand-written letter from the man asking the girl to say nothing of their sexual relationship ("because nobody will understand how we can love each other"), finding the girl at his house after she'd been missing for two days, e-mails between them about "what great head" she gives, and how great thier sex is...etc. The only thing is that the girl refuses to say, verbally, that she and the man have sex, despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. We have found her at his house, we have found him in her bedroom (!!), yet the police say that she is a willing victim and they can do nothing unless she verbally states "Yes, we have sex." Is a hand-written letter from the man telling her that he won't love her anymore if she says anything about thier "sexual relationship" not enough (irregardless of the other evidence)? What would they do if the girl was mute?! Please help, somebody! This man is a child-rapist and she knows no better because she thinks he loves her. He was living with his mother, but now lives with a friend of the girl (age 15, too) and the friend's naive grandmother.

I don't understand why they can't at least get him on (at least) child luring (for the e-mails), child endangerment (for harboring a runaway), and some sort of corruption (for the hotel). Any advice on what to do? There is simply no possibility of a verbal admittance from the girl.

She may have told a social worker of the sexual relationship, because this social worker apparently told the girl once, "If you don't go to school and stop seeing this man, you're going in front of the judge." However, the social worker now refuses to admit that the girl told her anything about the sexual part of the relationship, perhaps to avoid negative consequences.

I confess that I do not know every detail of the events that transpired, but I have been told that all that seems to be missing from this case is the girl's VERBAL confession. I'm confused (and angered) about the way evidence is being handled here. I know that in cases of adultery, for example, knowing the husband took another woman to a hotel is enough to make that charge, irregardless of evidence of "doing" something or not. Yet, the same evidence is not enough to make a charge of ANYTHING when the the man is not married and the "woman" is fourteen or fifteen years old?

Please advise. If you need more details, please ask.

The reason why the police can't, or won't, do anything about this is because they've seen her - - and she's so ugly that it's unbelievable that anyone would have an "affair" with her.

IAAL

Need_Advice_Plz

IAAL IS BEST said:
The reason why the police can't, or won't, do anything about this is because they've seen her - - and she's so ugly that it's unbelievable that anyone would have an "affair" with her.

IAAL
First off, the victim is a pretty, blonde, blue-eyed and particularly naive and immature fifteen-year-old with low self-esteem. Second off, you've not properly read my post to think that there is an affair going on here (the man is not married, just having sex with a child ten years younger than him). Third off, it's people such as yourself, who take these matters lightly, that contribute to delinquency of minors everywhere and encourage rapists such as this 25-year-old man to do what they do best--manipulate children into saying nothing by preying on their low self-esteem so that they can continue to screw them over in every way possible.

Please, serious replies only.

IAAL IS BEST

Need_Advice_Plz said:
you've not properly read my post

You're right. I didn't. That's because it was too long, and filled with too many suppositions and no evidence. For example, since you weren't there, how do you know that she was plied with drugs and alcohol? The fact is, you don't, and that's just the beginning. Also, I really don't care, and I don't think anyone else cares, either.

I just think he's a lucky guy.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Need_Advice_Plz said:
First off, the victim is a pretty, blonde, blue-eyed and particularly naive and immature fifteen-year-old with low self-esteem. Second off, you've not properly read my post to think that there is an affair going on here (the man is not married, just having sex with a child ten years younger than him). Third off, it's people such as yourself, who take these matters lightly, that contribute to delinquency of minors everywhere and encourage rapists such as this 25-year-old man to do what they do best--manipulate children into saying nothing by preying on their low self-esteem so that they can continue to screw them over in every way possible.

Please, serious replies only.

**A: "screw them over in every way possible" is a very good reality analogy.
You are a very perceptive writer. Have you thought of writing nonfiction novels?

Need_Advice_Plz

The actual evidence we have so far, not relying on assumption or things of that nature:

1.) A hand-written letter from the man to the child asking her, explicitly, to say nothing of their sexual relationship because, he writes, they would both get in trouble and nobody would understand how two people could be so in love.

2.) Numerous other hand-written letters from the man to the child, confessing his love for her and the need to be discreet.

3.) E-mails from the man to the child commending her on her ability to give good head and be a good sex partner, and from the child to the man of the same nature.

4.) E-mails from the man to the child's journal account, asking for meetings for 420 (marijuana) and alcohol, which he would share with her.

5.) Hotel receipts from both of them, confirming that they were in that hotel on a night she was being sought as a runaway.

6.) Confessions from the man and the child that they spent the night in the hotel, but did nothing sexual.

7.) A ring given to the child with a note from the man professing his love for her, and a note from the child to the man noting her excitement that she is finally a fiance.

8.) Police reports showing the child was found in the man's custody twice when she was reported as a runaway.

Again, the only thing missing in this case, the police say, is a verbal confession from the girl (which she likely gave to a social worker who now refuses to admit that she knew anything of the relationship). My questions is this: can the police not prosecute the man for *anything* with the current evidence?

IAAL IS BEST

Need_Advice_Plz said:
The actual evidence we have so far, not relying on assumption or things of that nature:

1.) A hand-written letter from the man to the child asking her, explicitly, to say nothing of their sexual relationship because, her writes, they would both get in trouble and nobody would understand how two people could be so in love.

2.) Numerous other hand-written letters from the man to the child, confessing his love for her and the need to be discreet.

3.) E-mails from the man to the child commending her on her ability to give good head and be a good sex partner, and from the child to the man of the same nature.

4.) E-mails from the man to the child's journal account, asking for meetings for 420 (marijuana) and alcohol, which he would share with her.

5.) Hotel receipts from both of them, confirming that they were in that hotel on a night she was being sought as a runaway.

6.) Confessions from the man and the child that they spent the night in the hotel, but did nothing sexual.

7.) A ring given to the child with a note from the man professing his love for her, and a note from the child to the man noting her excitement that she is finally a fiance.

8.) Police reports showing the child was found in the man's custody twice when she was reported as a runaway.

Again, the only thing missing in this case, the police say, is a verbal confession from the girl (which she likely gave to a social worker who now refuses to admit that she knew anything of the relationship). My questions is this: can the police not prosecute the man for *anything* with the current evidence?

How can I say this tactfully . . . hmmmm . . . let me see . . . Okay, "We don't care!!!"

We didn't read your initial post because it was too long and boring, and none of us are reading your latest post. .

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Need_Advice_Plz

Please, serious replies only. Those who "don't care" please do not respond, obviously. My apologies for the subject matter; sexual assaults against children are no laughing matter, and it seems to get to some people more than others. However, my family, myself, DYFS, and the police have been dealing with this problem for more than a year and have really run out of patience and options.

HomeGuru

Need_Advice_Plz said:
Please, serious replies only. Those who "don't care" please do not respond, obviously. My apologies for the subject matter; sexual assaults against children are no laughing matter, and it seems to get to some people more than others. However, my family, myself, DYFS, and the police have been dealing with this problem for more than a year and have really run out of patience and options.

**A: you failed to answer the "big tits" question.

Need_Advice_Plz

HomeGuru said:
**A: "screw them over in every way possible" is a very good reality analogy.
You are a very perceptive writer. Have you thought of writing nonfiction novels?
Friends have told me to write a nonfiction novel of my life's exploits because they are all as complicated as this incident, albeit more light-hearted and entertaining. But, please, do you have any legal suggestions?

IAAL IS BEST

Need_Advice_Plz said:

Apparently, you don't feel that the problem important enough to edit your post, and to take out all the emotional baggage and garbage. You're just not "getting it."

IAAL

HomeGuru

Need_Advice_Plz said:
The child is my youngest sister, and I will not delve into descriptions of her sexual characteristics for your entertainment.

**A: BEST was not asking for her sexual characteristics, but physical ones.

Need_Advice_Plz

IAAL IS BEST said:
Apparently, you don't feel that the problem important enough to edit your post, and to take out all the emotional baggage and garbage. You're just not "getting it."

IAAL
The first paragraph is a run-down of the incident with the evidence gathered so far. For a clarification of the evidence, please scroll up a bit for the post specific to that.

The second paragraph suggests the things with which, from my research, the police ought to be able to charge the man with the current evidence.

The third paragraph is the conjecture about the social worker, which the police are looking into so it may be relevant to the case.

The fourth paragraph is a clarification on my part concerning my knowledge of the case. As the sister, the child and I had several conversations about her relationship with this man before I knew he was twenty-five, but as I state there, such things must be told to the police to matter.

The only "emotional baggage" are two sentences in the first paragraph which are pure conjecture: "This man is a child-rapist" and "What if the girl was mute?". If you think that's emotional, you should have seen the letter I wrote to the attorney general when the prosecutor called the girl a "willing victim".

Please, IAAL, stop responding to this thread. I've read your other posts in other threads, and it's clear that you have no knowledge of legal matters, no common sense, and that you are incredibly rude and thoughtless. You are wasting space that might be better dedicated to getting this man behind bars because you haven't the patience to read half a page of text and are more concerned with the victims "tits" than the fact that she has been raped, which she's admitted to family members but won't admit to police.

Does anybody have any legal counsel?

HomeGuru

Need_Advice_Plz said:
Please, IAAL, stop responding to this thread. I've read your other posts in other threads, and it's clear that you have no knowledge of legal matters, no common sense, and that you are incredibly rude and thoughtless.

**A: On the contrary, I've read mosts and it's clear that IAAL does indeed have knoweldge of legal matters and common sense. I also agree that some of the posts are rude and thoughtless.
You are wasting space that might be better dedicated to getting this man behind bars because you haven't the patience to read half a page of text and are more concerned with the victims "tits" than the fact that she has been raped, which she's admitted to family members but won't admit to police.

**A: hahaha, keep trying idiot. The bottom line is she won't admit to police.
How thick is your skull? Oh never mind. Even with a thick skull there is still nothing that the skull actually protects.

Does anybody have any legal counsel?
**A: yes, somebody does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">