• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken engament

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmt

I was engaged for a year and a half when my fiance broke up with me (we dated for five and a half years). When he first broke up with me he asked if I was going to give him back the engament ring and I told him no. Now he says that if I don't give it back he will sue me in court. He claims his friends dad is a judge and he promises that if he takes me to court he will win. Can he really do this? After all it was a gift and he was the one to break off this engagment. I live in Elyria, Ohio.
Please help I really want to move on with my life.

[Edited by tmt on 12-02-2000 at 02:07 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tmt said:
I was engaged for a year and a half when my fiance broke up with me (we dated for five and a half years). When he first broke up with me he asked if I was going to give him back the engament ring and I told him no. Now he says that if I don't give it back he will sue me in court. He claims his friends dad is a judge and he promises that if he takes me to court he will win. Can he really do this? After all it was a gift and he was the one to break off this engagment.
Please help I really want to move on with my life.
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">