• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zoe60

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I need some help with a family matter which I fear will turn into a criminal matter. My daughter and son in law have been repeatedly threatened, humiliated, had slanderous allegations brought against them by his ex wife and her new husband.
We have been doing our best to ignore the constant stream of letters and phone calls.
At one point we notified the couple conducting the harrassment that
they were not to approach or corresspond with my daughter in any way or that they would be charged with harrassment. They did stop approaching her at that time.
As you might guess, the only reason there is contact between them is 2 children, each parent has custody of one.
My concern is that my son in law may get to a breaking point. It appears to me that the harrassing couple try to "egg" him into a physical fight.
They call my granddaughter a *******, my son in law a red neck low life "breader" and refer to their home as a pig stie. I just need to know if there is a legal way to STOP him before someone loses control.
My daughter has kept every letter since her involvement in this situation.

The latest letter came the day after Christmas and was so horrid even I was brought to anger. My son in law is only human. He works hard, is a good dad, pays his child support, and is flexible with child visitation. He isn't perfect but doesn't deserve this constant "teasing".

Any thoughts?

Law Wizard

Zoe60 said:

I need some help with a family matter which I fear will turn into a criminal matter. My daughter and son in law have been repeatedly threatened, humiliated, had slanderous allegations brought against them by his ex wife and her new husband.
We have been doing our best to ignore the constant stream of letters and phone calls.
they were not to approach or corresspond with my daughter in any way or that they would be charged with harrassment. They did stop approaching her at that time.
As you might guess, the only reason there is contact between them is 2 children, each parent has custody of one.
My concern is that my son in law may get to a breaking point. It appears to me that the harrassing couple try to "egg" him into a physical fight.
They call my granddaughter a *******, my son in law a red neck low life "breader" and refer to their home as a pig stie. I just need to know if there is a legal way to STOP him before someone loses control.

The latest letter came the day after Christmas and was so horrid even I was brought to anger. My son in law is only human. He works hard, is a good dad, pays his child support, and is flexible with child visitation. He isn't perfect but doesn't deserve this constant "teasing".

Any thoughts?

Does either or both families live in a trailer? If so, is that a single-wide or double-wide?

IAAL

seniorjudge

Zoe60 said:

Any thoughts?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=298477

Q: Any thoughts?

A: Two: (1) What (if anything) does this have to do with your other thread and (B) stay away from these people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">