• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

im not sure...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trents16q

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

Ok...so the place i work at....a customer bought a digital camera and it had a pic of a guy's private area....and the "investigation" has lead them to 3 suspects and im one of them....ive been questioned twice by loss prevention and they said the next step is to hand it over to the police. The woman is really upset about this(rightfully so) but im not sure what to do. Do i need a lawyer?? The 3 of us that are being questioned are friends so im 100% sure it wasnt any of us..but they seem convinced that it was..and im worried. They also mentioned about the police searching our houses and taking pics of our "area's". Any thoughts..please??
Thanx for any advice

seniorjudge

trents16q said:

Ok...so the place i work at....a customer bought a digital camera and it had a pic of a guy's private area....and the "investigation" has lead them to 3 suspects and im one of them....ive been questioned twice by loss prevention and they said the next step is to hand it over to the police. The woman is really upset about this(rightfully so) but im not sure what to do. Do i need a lawyer?? The 3 of us that are being questioned are friends so im 100% sure it wasnt any of us..but they seem convinced that it was..and im worried. They also mentioned about the police searching our houses and taking pics of our "area's". Any thoughts..please??
Thanx for any advice
What crime do the cops say was broken here?

How did you become a suspect?

trents16q

Well the police arent involved yet but there was a minor involved(looking at the pic) so i'm not sure. There "investigation" consists of the 3 ppl who are thin(a thin guy in the pic) and that have keys to both areas. We are all managers that have access to these areas. Theyre operating on the assumption that things are run properly(ie doors locked, other managers not giving out there keys) It just seems to me they are leaving out so many variables in there investigation and im getting nervous. Do i need to look at hiring a lawyer?? At this point or when the police get involved??

seniorjudge

trents16q said:
Well the police arent involved yet but there was a minor involved(looking at the pic) so i'm not sure. There "investigation" consists of the 3 ppl who are thin(a thin guy in the pic) and that have keys to both areas. We are all managers that have access to these areas. Theyre operating on the assumption that things are run properly(ie doors locked, other managers not giving out there keys) It just seems to me they are leaving out so many variables in there investigation and im getting nervous. Do i need to look at hiring a lawyer?? At this point or when the police get involved??
Until you tell us all the facts and details from start to finish, there's not much we can say.

Kane

I can't speak to Penn laws, since I'm not from there. However, I can't immediately think of what law taking that picture would violate.

I would never tell someone not to talk to a lawyer. And a Penn lawyer could at least tell you what law the picture might have violated. Generally taking naked pictures of yourself isn't illegal. Leaving it in the camera's memory might have violated some law. But again, I don't know what law that would be. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations. So talk to one, and see what he says.

I suspect you're more in danger of losing your job, than of having any criminal charges drawn up against you. I wouldn't agree to disrobing for anybody at the store (or anyone else), and you should be careful about talking to the police. Especially if you know more than what you're telling us.

justalayman

trents16q said:

Thanx for any advice
Anybody watch Porky's?

They could have a tallywhacker line-up. or in lieu of that they could put up wanted posters. :D

seniorjudge

justalayman said:
Anybody watch Porky's?

They could have a tallywhacker line-up. or in lieu of that they could put up wanted posters. :D
Coach Brakett: We could put up wanted posters all over school: Have you seen this prick? Report immediately to Beula Balbricker. Do not attempt to apprehend this prick, as it is armed and dangerous. It was last seen hanging out in the girls' locker room at Angel Beach High School.

This has to be the funniest scene in filmdom....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">