• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the original agreement still valid? (long)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

squiregrrl

I bought a horse from WI last year from a friend. The original deal was that I would try her out for 90 days. If I liked her I would pay him $500 for her. There also was a question on if she was pregnant, she was. The guy said he wanted the foal.I orginally agreed. (all of this was oral).

On a totally different issue our friendship ended. Then he threatened to take my horse before the 90 day agreement and asked for his $500. I sent him a letter saying that per our agreement I was giving him $500 for the horse. I attached his email saying he wanted the foal. I asked that I receive a bill of sale, her medical records, the name of the sire of the foal (I can't insure my horse without it). I asked for all this within two weeks of receipt of the check. That was in March- I never received any of it. (When I did send the check I wrote "PAID IN FULL FOR QUEST")

So, the foal is born in July. I call two lawyers, both said let sleeping dogs lie and wait til he contacts me. They also said that he just can't come down here and get the animal.Because I can ask for compensation for all the bills I paid for her.

I found out yesterday from a mutual friend that his is coming down in two weeks and plans to seize the foal. Note: he still never contacted me.

I feel the only way to get this settled is to wait until he takes me to small claims court, because I believe he abandoned the animal and broke his agreements to me before.

Do I have a defense? If so, what should I do to get my ducks in a row now? (I live in GA)

S

squiregrrl

Well, anything? (nm)

Do you think I have a defense or not? Also, because the agreement happened in WI and the property is now in GA- what state would the small claims case be filed in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">