• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minimum sentence for 3rd degree assualt in Nebraska?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymimi75

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Nebraska---My husband got in a fight at the bar a guy swung at him with keys in his hand and my husband blocked the guys hand and pushed his hand back(The guy who still had his keys in his hand scrached hisself right by his ear with his keys when my husband pushed his hand away) then my husband hit him,The guy and his two friends (who would not fil out statements) left.The guy went down the road and called the cops.When the cops arrived at the bar my husband admitted he hit the guy in self defense(The bartender and the other 3 customers agreed it was total self defense)The cop said he would write it in the report that he believed it was self defense but sinse the other guy had marks(From his own keys)That my husband had to go to jail..I had to get him out 8 hrs later on a $10,000.00 (10% up front $1,000.00) bond,Anyway my husband did have a prior criminal record from 6 years ago,he has now bought a house,got custody of his children(from the exgirlfriend)and he has worked at his job the past 4 years....This is his first mishap in the last 6 yrs...Do they take that into consideration when sentencing??And should I get a lawyer($1,500.)is the cheapest I found???And what is the average sentencing for third degree assult in Nebraska???Please help We have four kids and I cannnot afford him to be in jail..With the mortgage,car,etc.(he is the money maker in this family),,Is jail time mandatory???I know what he did was stupid and he regrets doing it but its now in the past he cant change it, But now It is just stressing me out SOOO Im sorry for rambling but I need some advise and some answers to the "LAW" questions I dont know..Thank you very much,Sincerly A stressed out wife..

outonbail

my husband blocked the guys hand and pushed his hand back(The guy who still had his keys in his hand scrached hisself right by his ear with his keys when my husband pushed his hand away) then my husband hit him,
Assuming the key tale is true, :rolleyes: why would you not believe that marks could have also come from your husband hitting him? Does he hit like a little girl?

Anyway my husband did have a prior criminal record from 6 years ago,
Would this record have anything violence related?

he has now bought a house,got custody of his children(from the exgirlfriend)and he has worked at his job the past 4 years....
This is one good reason to stay out of bars, and any other places you have to end up blocking punches, not to mention magic key mysteries.

We have four kids and I cannnot afford him to be in jail..With the mortgage,car,etc.(he is the money maker in this family),,
This is good reason number two!

And should I get a lawyer($1,500.)is the cheapest I found???
I don't see where you would need a lawyer, unless it's to file divorce proceedings. Now your husband on the other hand, could certainly use one. I'm not sure the "cheapest" is the best way to decide who he hires to represent him. Perhaps "experienced" and "high rate of successful defenses" would be the better concern?

Oh yeah, what was the "LAW" question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">