• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken wedding plans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vanessa clark

I live in Ga. I have been dating this guy for over four years and a year ago we decided to move in together and make plans to get married.
Since we already lived in two seperate apartment, and mine was smaller he asked me to give up my apartment and move and to also dispose of 90 percent of my belongings as we had no where to store them and he didn't have time to help move them. The agreement was that if for some reason later we split up he would leave me the furniture,(or at least give me time to repalce what belonged to him)as I had four children and he had none, but our little girl.
After making our plans,setting a date, buying rings, (with the account in my name), and buying a wedding dress, we dicussed our plans with his mother. She pull him aside and told him that we need to get to know each other better before we made this next step.So we postponed the big event.
Now almost a year later the wedding is off, the rings are not paid for and he wants all the furniture now! That will leave me and my 4 girls one bed and 3 TV to live with.
1. Can I sue for breach of agreement? He told all his friends of our plans and even chose his best man. Mommy doesn't think I right for him.
2. Can he take all the furniture and leave us to eat and sleep on the floor with no notice?
3. Can he be made to help pay for the rings or at least return it to me if I have to pay for it?
I guess at least I should have know better since I am 40 with three years of college behind me. He is 36 and what ever mom says seem too bemore important than growing up. But as the old saying goes love is definitely blind!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">