• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help placing a charge to a crime..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephen234

So I got a call today that my cousin was found nearly beaten to death. It's obvious who it was, all evidence points his way..he was found at the scene, there are several reports of him beating her in the past, eye-witnesses saw him leaving the scene, so on. But I didn't know the extent of what had happened until I spoke with a plastic surgeon putting her face back together. He had taken a broken bottle, and was carving pieces out of her body. He tried shoving it down her throat, cutting several of her teeth out, and leaving horrible cuts in her gums and throat. Nearly all of the bones in the front of her face are fractured, also her skull..he was torturing her. The anesthesiologist said he's seen less damage turn into attemptive murder. But is there anything more they can pin him with? It was such a gruesome crime. I guess I can't imagine any penalty too tough..but I want to know what kind of time he's up against. He may go for the insanity plea, and he'll probably get it with the nature of the crime. But if he doesn't, what will he be charged with? Also, the doctors did a rape kit on her, and it turned up positive. He also forced entry, evaded the officer(s) that tried to chase him down, crashed his car into the side of a bridge, and resisted arrest.

This happened in Ohio, on January 1, 2006.

Kane

I'm not from Ohio, but I'll make a prediction: he won't see the free world again for a long time. Not til he's an old man, and maybe not even then. Aggravated assault is either a first or second degree felony where I live, and aggravated sexual assault is a first degree crime - 5 to 99, or life.

Perhaps someone from Ohio can tell you what the penalty is where you live.

And he probably shouldn't be counting on an insanity plea. That's more common on tv, than in real life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">