• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding information on criminal documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navdoc

What is the name of your state? ****land
I have no clue where to post this. I am looking to adopt a horse from a local rescue. This mare was abused and the former owner did go to trial for what they did to her.
I would like to have an idea about what I am getting myself into and would like all the details that I can get about her abuse as I can better address her problems if I know what happened. The problem is that I am not getting much information from the rescue about what happened. I would like to see about getting the court records from the trial. The rescue will not furnish the name of the former owner though.
All I know is she came from Baltimore county and the court awarded custody to the rescue after the trial.
How can I go about finding anything out about this matter and therefore even going as far as to make sure this rescue can legally give me this horse?
Thanks for any help on this or at least a redirect to the proper forum. :)

seniorjudge

navdoc said:
What is the name of your state? ****land
I have no clue where to post this. I am looking to adopt a horse from a local rescue. This mare was abused and the former owner did go to trial for what they did to her.
I would like to have an idea about what I am getting myself into and would like all the details that I can get about her abuse as I can better address her problems if I know what happened. The problem is that I am not getting much information from the rescue about what happened. I would like to see about getting the court records from the trial. The rescue will not furnish the name of the former owner though.
All I know is she came from Baltimore county and the court awarded custody to the rescue after the trial.
How can I go about finding anything out about this matter and therefore even going as far as to make sure this rescue can legally give me this horse?
Thanks for any help on this or at least a redirect to the proper forum. :)

If you have a proper place for a horse and want to devote the time and energy to such a high maintenance animal, then go ahead and do it; what difference does it make who used to own her?

navdoc

I don't care who used to own her I am just attempting to find out what the nature of the abuse was. I thought I may find out if I look through the court documents.

Kane

Criminal files are public information, but you need some sort of identifying information to access them.

FWIW, I'm not sure why they're not wiling to help you out on this. Usually shelters are anxious to find good homes for their animals. If they're worried about some kind of liability for telling you who the last owner was, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">