• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yard and garden ruined by pool company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sophiapumpkin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Last Labor Day Weekend I went outside at about 9am to tend to my gardening chores when I saw that my garden and grass were no longer there.
Where my garden had been there was nothing but mud and rocks and leaves and branches and the grass was completely covered in this muck as well. My yard looked as if a tidal wave had hit it. I live in a bluffy area near a river and in the back of my house is a steep hill and a wooded area about a tenth of a mile thick and above that where the bluff levels off there are more houses. The weather had been clear and calm so at this point I was very confused. I grabbed my video recorder and decided to follow the mess into the woods and when I reached the end of the trail I saw that a pool company was draining someones pool . From the vantage point from the top of the hill you cannot see my house through the woods, but you can see the road in front of the house which indicates to me that this person should have assumed there would be houses or buildings along the road of somekind . Anyway, I captured the mucky trail of sludge , the address of the home where this was done, the name of the pool company on the side of the van, on tape in one uninterrupted sequence. I called the company when I got home to tell them what had happened and was told that someone would call me back because no one was available at the time (no one qualified to make executive decisions.) I called again later that day and no one would handle my problem. It went on like this for a few days until I finally got hold of the owner and asked him to please reimburse me for the cost of grass seed and the cost of my garden . I have a friiend working at a garden store and gave them the list of things I needed to replace. This only came to about 3,000.00 I explained to the owner of the company that this was pretty low in terms of what I should be asking for because although seed was somewhat expensive, sod is even more expensive and it would cost him at least 12,000.00 to re-sod my yard. He seemed to be on the same page and said he would get back to me. After that call I was avoided. I would call and be put on hold endlessly until I would hang up and call back and be put on hold again. This man absolutely refuses to speak to me and everyone else I talk to is "unqualified" to handle the problem. I put so much time and effort into that yard --it was so beautiful!
It has been a little over a year and the grass hasn't returned. I had to pay to have all of the stones and branches and mud removed but have not re-sown anything because I want to prove that the only thing causing this was the thousands of gallons of chlorinated water . It sounds bad, but looked even worse. The wooded area directly behind the yard forms a valley, so when this water was dumped it didn't spread out, it came down the hill like a river of mud . My questions : Is there a time limitation on this? I wouldn't have waited this long, but it seemed to me that in order to prove what caused the damage(and that the damage would be long lasting and permanent) I had to wait until the next year to show what sort of shape my yard had been left in after a certain amount of time. It also doesn't help that this man refuses to to talk to me to resolve this in an adult manner.Also, I have well water. The road that I live on is among a very few in our city that doesn't have city water. Could this water soaking into my yard harm me or my family? I 'm thinking that I should instead have it re-sodded because it seems like the soil is permanently damaged and will not grow anything. --Another reason for waiting this long. At this point I definitely want to sue for damages . Do I have a case?
Thanks for your help.

sophiapumpkin

Do you have an idea of when this time would expire? I want to get on the ball and it helps to know how much time I have. Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">