• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supplying drugs to kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talons

What is the name of your state? washington

I recently discovered from my son who is now 18 that when he was 15 an adult member of my family bought my son and a friend of his (a minor as well) 10 hits of exctasy and supplied him with marijuana. I have not discussed with him the idea of turning her in yet. First I wanted to know if he does not want to turn her in because he doesn't want her to get in trouble do I have any avenues to turn her in? Can I record a room/outside conversation between my son and I where he talks about it?

Legally Yours

talons said:
What is the name of your state? washington

I recently discovered from my son who is now 18 that when he was 15 an adult member of my family bought my son and a friend of his (a minor as well) 10 hits of exctasy and supplied him with marijuana. I have not discussed with him the idea of turning her in yet. First I wanted to know if he does not want to turn her in because he doesn't want her to get in trouble do I have any avenues to turn her in? Can I record a room/outside conversation between my son and I where he talks about it?

What hard proof do you have that this even happened at all?

IAAL

talons

First I believe my son. Also the person who gave him the drugs has admitted in open court to having a lifelong drug addiction and she has been accused of this and has been to court before for it.

Thank you,
t

Legally Yours

talons said:
First I believe my son.

First, that's not "hard proof" and it's irrelevant.

Also the person who gave him the drugs has admitted in open court to having a lifelong drug addiction and she has been accused of this and has been to court before for it.

Also irrelevant.

IAAL

Legally Yours

talons said:
Then what is? How do I catch this person?

How the hell am I supposed to know that? I do know this, however . . . If you accuse the person with the type of "proof" you currently possess, you could find yourself on the wrong end of a Civil lawsuit.

Tread carefully.

IAAL

talons

Huh?

I was asking a question on how to catch an adult who sells a drug that is made from heroin and meth to children and one of her victims is my son. No more. Instead of getting an answer I bumped into a troll.

Kane

gawm said:
Are you going to turn your son in also for buying the drugs in the first place?
I think the answer to that is going to be "no."

Legally - you can call the police about any crime you think has been committed. Since the crime is 3 years old, the report is based on hearsay, and the drugs themselves are long gone, I doubt that they would have any interest in investigating it.

If they did, the first person they would need to talk to would be your son. It would probably be a bad idea for him to talk to them, since he'd be have to admit to committing a crime itself.

That's assuming the statute of limitations hasn't run. If it has, nobody can be prosecuted for anything.

talons said:
I was asking a question on how to catch an adult who sells a drug that is made from heroin and meth to children and one of her victims is my son. No more. Instead of getting an answer I bumped into a troll.
Unless your son was forced against his will by force to use the drugs then I doubt very much that he is/was a victim.

We are all responsible for our own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">