• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I caught them discriminating! What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jade 123

I have worked in this plant since the day the doors opened. I recently put in for a job in the office, and the rumors already had this job going to another employee. I interviewed for it anyway and was told I was "By Far, Hands down, unaminously,I had the best interview. Citing all my skills and experience. But they gave the job to this other person anyway. My absenteeism was not bad, but they used short term disability I have had to use in the past against me. Now this other person has been written up for absenteeism in the past, but this was not mentioned at all. The only person whose absenteeism was discussed was mine. The person in charge started digging for things to use against me from the day I put in for the job. She pulled my file for the past five years and she also used an evaluation from three years ago that wasn't bad, but was the worst one out of eleven years. No mention of the past two years that were excellent. I have taped interviews with members of the hiring team admitting to all of this. Do I have a case?

ALawyer

That's NOT actionable discrimination unless motivated on the basis of race, creed, age, sex, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">