• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Volkswagen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1215

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I bought a 2002 Jetta in August of 2005. Shortly after buying it I started having problems with my brakes. The entire car vibrates when I brake. It has a warranty, so I took it back to the dealer and they said it was caused by the weather. It kept doing it so I took it back in November. This time they said it was a transmission problem so they replaced a part. After that I still continued to have this problem, I even had the brakes completely go out so I took it back a third time. This time they found nothing wrong with it again. I found out after I bought the car it had been leased, I don't know if I should have been told this before I bought it or not. I just wanted to find out if my car could be considered a lemon. How many times would I have to take it in and have nothing done for it to be a lemon?

Zephyr

I think, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the lemon law actually only applies to new cars....

if you bought the car at 3 years old it was probably due for brakes...did you replace those warped rotors?

jm1215

I've only taken it to the dealer though. It has had 3 brake inspections now..if something needs to be replaced wouldn't they replace it? Especially something that wouldn't be covered under warranty and I would have to pay for?

JETX

jm1215 said:
I don't know if I should have been told this before I bought it or not.
Of course, it would have been nice if you had been told (or you had asked), but there is no statutory obligation that they do so.

I just wanted to find out if my car could be considered a lemon. How many times would I have to take it in and have nothing done for it to be a lemon?
You can take it to them 100 times and it won't make any difference. Your state lemon laws do NOT apply to your used vehicle.
"This Law is only applicable if the vehicle was bought new."
http://www.state.tn.us/consumer/lemon.html

Keep on hammering them to fix it under warranty. Document EVERYTHING. Keep copies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
jm1215 said:
I've only taken it to the dealer though. It has had 3 brake inspections now..if something needs to be replaced wouldn't they replace it? Especially something that wouldn't be covered under warranty and I would have to pay for?
Take it to a different shop. It'll be cheaper for a brake job than the dealer considering the brakes wouldn't be under warranty.

YOU ARE A DUFUS

jm1215 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

so I took it back to the dealer and they said it was caused by the weather.

The weather? THE WEATHER!!

The Service Manager told you THAT and you BOUGHT IT?? You actually left the dealership believing that "it must be the weather"!! What the hell is wrong with your brain, lady??

Sweetheart, didn't anyone tell you that cars are supposed to operate properly in ALL weather, 24/7, 365 days a year???

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

jm1215

That was several months AFTER I had bought it...read a little more closely next time. Everyone else thanks for the responses.

M

M A R Y BITCH!

jm1215 said:
That was several months AFTER I had bought it...read a little more closely next time. Everyone else thanks for the responses.

I KNOW it was several months later. It DOESN'T MATTER!! However, you STILL allowed some schmuck (much like yourself) to bamboozle you with the statement, "it was caused by the weather." And then, AND THEN, you left the dealership with that statement!!

Incredible.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

jm1215

Do you honestly think I walked away believing that? That's why I've taken it back two more times and I've taken it to 2 different locations and gotten different answers. That's the reason I posted here.

Skank Finder

jm1215 said:
Do you honestly think I walked away believing that?

Yes, I do! I really do believe that! That's because you left the dealership, and then came back on two different occasions. That means you "bought" that statement. You see, after he said that, you should have looked at him with a quizzed face, and then planted yourself right there until your car was taken in for repair. Then, you should have obtained the owner's phone number and repeated what that idiot said to you. But, no. You left.

What a Dufus!

IAAL

Zephyr

JETX said:
Just curious... why do you think that would be expected??
because she booted him out, he wants to be reinstated, with his proper post count....

I'm thinking we should start placing bets on who will win the battle of wills ;)

JETX

Zephyr said:
because she booted him out, he wants to be reinstated, with his proper post count....
Sorry, but I doubt that is the reason. And out of respect for ALL parties, will 'bite my tongue'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">