• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen Pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmousemanda

What is the name of your state? WI

This is happening a lot in my city lately, 15 and 16 year old girls are getting pregnant by their boyfriends, or just guys, who are 18 and older. Can the guy get in trouble for this? Even if they are dating and the parents don't care yada yada?

Happy Trails

lilmousemanda said:

This is happening a lot in my city lately, 15 and 16 year old girls are getting pregnant by their boyfriends, or just guys, who are 18 and older. Can the guy get in trouble for this? Even if they are dating and the parents don't care yada yada?
Yes, they could get into trouble...

Just Blue

lilmousemanda said:

Search for it ...there are a ton of stories here. :)

lilmousemanda

I figured they could get in trouble... but i guess i'm just wondering... would they... is the law really going to do anything... and when would they do it? only if it's reported or something?

Happy Trails

lilmousemanda said:
I figured they could get in trouble... but i guess i'm just wondering... would they... is the law really going to do anything... and when would they do it? only if it's reported or something?
No one can speculate on such a broad question.

The fact is people are getting into trouble for it and are being prosecuted.

There would be no way of prosecuting if it wasn't discovered and/or reported.

gawm

lilmousemanda said:
Sounds like someone forgot to pull out! :D Looks like you'll be sweating it out until next month ;) Let this be a lesson learned, the one sure thing you should be picky about when it comes to women is that they are at least 18. Good luck with that :)

HomeGuru

gawm said:
Sounds like someone forgot to pull out! :D Looks like you'll be sweating it out until next month ;) Let this be a lesson learned, the one sure thing you should be picky about when it comes to women is that they are at least 18. Good luck with that :)

**A: is 18 the only criteria?

Happy Trails

Zephyr said:
oh dear, I suggest you find a whole new set of friends :eek:
She has been told this on her first thread.

Hey, I live in very cold MN, you don't need to be snuggling up to the closest body next to you to keep warm.

That's why they make saunas and hot tubs. :D

lilmousemanda

For one, it itsn't me who is pregnant by others. and for 2, they aren't friends. unfortunatelly they are family, and other people in my school.

It is a broad question i know, what i'm trying to say, is if it's not reported by anyone as a crime, nothing would happen.. correct?

Zephyr

lilmousemanda said:
For one, it itsn't me who is pregnant by others. and for 2, they aren't friends. unfortunatelly they are family, and other people in my school.

It is a broad question i know, what i'm trying to say, is if it's not reported by anyone as a crime, nothing would happen.. correct?
I know, but the people around you are pregnant or on drugs or arrested or violent- jeez- don't you just get sick of dealing with all their drama? :eek:

lilmousemanda

haha.. i don't listen to their drama. i have to deal with this one because it's family. the other one of the kid in jail.. it's just a crazy story that i'm interested in. i don't have to deal with any of it. and nobody is violent. The close group of my actual friends have never been arrested... never been in jail... the only trouble they have been in.. is a speeding ticket.. or an underage drinking ticket. So no, the people i post about are NOT my friends that i hang out with daily. i'm not a hoodlum.

Happy Trails

lilmousemanda said:

If the authorities aren't aware that a crime has been comitted, then they can not prosecute.

Doesn't mean they won't find out later. For example, the birth of a child where the mother is under the age of consent is evidence that a Wisconsin law has been broken.

Will the authorities find out? It's possible, maybe, sure, I don't know.

We can not answer that; all we can do is tell that it is illegal.

seniorjudge

SEX WITH CHILDREN STANDARD ANSWER

“If you have to ask whether it's legal or not, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, it's a very, very bad idea.” --cbg

“If you are under 18 and mom [or dad] says no, it's no. End of story.” --cbg

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=222394

http://www.ageofconsent.com/
I can’t guarantee that this info is correct.

There are thousands of questions similar to yours on this forum; thus I have prepared this standard answer.

Stand by for further responses.

From MSNBC.com

Moms Arrested For Allegedly Condoning Sex Offender Relationship
WVIT-TV

LITCHFIELDConn. - Two women have been arrested for allegedly allowing a sexual relationship between their children.

State police arrested the two mothers Tuesday, accusing them of condoning a relationship between a 14-year-old girl and a 24-year-old man.

State police arrested Lorraine Pereira, 42, in Torrington, Conn., the mother of a 24-year-old convicted sex offender. She was charged with risk of injury to a minor and is now out on a $5,000 bond.

Pereira is the mother of Nathaniel Pereira, a twice-convicted sex offender ordered on two prior occasions by a judge to stay away from underage girls. Pereira was taken into state custody last month.

Police have charged a 32-year-old Goshen woman, the mother of the 14-year-old girl, with risk of injury to a minor.

According to the arrest warrant, Nathaniel Pereira spent several nights with the young girl in a motel room in Goshen, Conn., and his home in Torrington, where he lived with his mother.

"This is a sensitive investigation. It involves a young female and therefore we're doing everything we can to protect that female's identity," said State Police Sgt. Paul Vance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">