• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PAC contributions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtickenoff

Is it legal for a labor union to require it's members to pay a mandatory political action contribution ? This mandatory contribution is required every month along with regular monthly union dues . I have always been of the belief that PAC contributions were to be voluntary & individual . I do not necessarily agree 100 % with the views and beliefs of my union , therefore I feel that this mandatory contribution is wrong . Please , if you will , let me know if my refusing to pay this contribution will jeopordize my " in good standing " status . Thank You John Tickenoff , Hacienda Heights Ca. 91745

B

buddy2bear

You are supposed to be able to object to contributions made from your union dues to a PAC. Contact the National Labor Relations Board and file an unfair labor practice charge against your Union. Just bear in mind that you won't be looked upon in the same way in the future as you have been in the past by your union, and when you need them, you might not have them by your side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">