• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nervous

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

travelr

I meet with my attorney tomorrow to go over my divorce settlement. My ex. and I filled with out attorneys and I am thinking we didn't complete it correctly. I know the divorce is ok, but the settlement may not have been filled right. If not then I have paid all the bills I agreed to and he has not. I am not sure what to expect from my attorney, ot what the right questions should be. I do have copies of the agreement I thought was filled with the court and the intent was there on both our parts. Does that count for any thing, even if it wasn't filled correctly??

LegalBeagle

travelr said:
I meet with my attorney tomorrow to go over my divorce settlement. My ex. and I filled with out attorneys and I am thinking we didn't complete it correctly. I know the divorce is ok, but the settlement may not have been filled right. If not then I have paid all the bills I agreed to and he has not. I am not sure what to expect from my attorney, ot what the right questions should be. I do have copies of the agreement I thought was filled with the court and the intent was there on both our parts. Does that count for any thing, even if it wasn't filled correctly??
This is an impossible question to answer. Take all your papers with you to the attorney and tell him everything. They will be able to advice what to do... then come back and let us know what they said.

Good luck..

T

travelr

Saw the attorney today. Went about the way I thought it would go. My papers are fine, but the ex. is in jail and I am respoasible for the loan with the credit union. I will go in Thurs. and talk to them. I can take the ex. to court for the money but since he is where he is it would do me little good at this point. Again I ask, WHEN IS THE DIVORCE OVER!!!!!! I want to go forward in my life and i am tired of this holding on to me.Anyway thank you for your support, it helped. Hope all is well with you.

LegalBeagle

You may have seen my slightly non serious answer to your last question about when it is over.. I can not remember if you have children but divorce when children, assets, pensions, property are involved can take a long time to be over. The only quick divorce is when everything is settled at that point (no children involved), houses are sold, loans are paid etc and pensions are split at that point. Until then, it is all pain..

T

travelr

Legal Beagle... Thank you for the answer. Hopefully this will be the very last thing I will deal with. It is the last link. I think things will work out ok. I will know more after I see the credit union. No I do not have children involved. they are up and grown. This is it. Thanks again for the support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">