• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured while hand-cuffed too long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lipsaflappen

After being arrested, I was hand-cuffed and transported to a police station. There I was sat down in a chair and hand-cuffed behind my back, around the back of the chair.I was in this position for approx. eight hours, then transported to another station with two other people in the back of a squad car. After being released, I went to emergency complaining of swelling and lack of mobility in both my wrists. Can I be compensated for being cuffed so long in this manner? My wrists have not been the same since.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Bring this up to your attorney. Depends if this is considered cruel and unusual punishment, battery, or false imprisonment. And remeber, you ARE dealing with suing this police officer or department...quite a battle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">